Saturday, April 28, 2012

Afternoon Slant

No one wants to be left out of Fragrance Mastermind Monica Miller's events, not even a reclusive perfumer like me. So when she asked if i would like to join her Primordial Scents Salon 2012, I felt that tingling sensation one feels at the tap of a magic wand. She even gave us p l e n t y of  lead time which made my head nod in large approval; aging being one of the finest ingredients a perfumer has.



So! I gathered around 6 chairs and invited Air, Water, Fire, Metal, Earth to sit with me & we proceeded to give each other....blank stares. For a whole month. And then another. And another....nervous tension seeped into my belly.



I decided to shelve the gang and moved on to other activities; such as piddling. Piddling has come to my rescue many times over, especially if i forget what i'm piddling about. One day as i opened the lid to my Pawpaw tincture, which is straight up Butterscotch, thick as molten syrup, i felt a gentle touch on my shoulder from an illuminating ray of sun. Ah. Yes. Liquid Sunshine.  Bingo.


A word on notes; I cannot give you the hard and the fast. A perfume is so much more than a list. How do you measure the hope, excitement, abandon and care that surround each drop as it falls from the dropper? Not to mention the distinct 'fingerprint' each perfumer has. And that allure thing; it's made up mostly of mystery. I create and set to flight. I leave it to others to pin down

"Afternoon Slant" 
by dabney rose
limited edition perfume blended w/ organic grape alcohol 

photo credits
1. jocelynkw
2. 0 dear & not mine
3. Spiritweb

2 comments:

  1. oh how enchanting.....again! so glad to hear this from the outside world.....the poet of scents and sensations is not dead! thank the Mother! "Piddling has come to my rescue...." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a priceless comment! "the poet of scent.." Love that! :D

    ReplyDelete