Sunday, November 6, 2011

Drinking Fine Art


To start out honestly, I did not grow the Agarwood in my own garden, but I did, the roses that I co-distilled it with. What I ended up with was 'Oud & Rose Water'. One afternoon I pulled out the bottle and added, 0 say 5 drops to a cup of warm water and took a sip. I was stunned. The experience immediately flashed through me that here I was drinking a piece of Fine Art, and/or an antique that would sell through Christies at $25,000.

The two components were both separate and melded and my tongue could detect both (or all 3?) but my brain/psyche was reeling from the experience of drinking something hyper-extraordinary. The history of Agarwood is ancient, itself, tied to ritual and that is precisely what I was tasting. As I sipped through the afternoon I felt that each time I should be kneeling in reverence; the experience very clearly reached across 'mere taste' and included the richly accumulated psychic energy of Oud & Agarwood of many cultures.

The roses? .. added a sheer note of elegant sweetness.

Later in the day I stooped to google 'agarwood tea' and found references to longevity and health. Of course...one would expect no less.

1 comment:

  1. how in the high heavens have I not found you before?? I yearn for people who drink in fragrance and scents in this sacred manner ! I am following now, and will read every word! blessings, lady

    ReplyDelete